Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) have been mandatory since 1st November 2008 when selling houses and apartments etc. EPCs have also been mandatory for all rented accommodation since 1st January 2009. If you are selling or renting out a property, you will need to call in a Class A accredited energy expert who will survey the property in order to issue an EPC. Robello Security Solutions possesses the necessary accreditation from the Flemish Energy Agency to carry out energy surveys and issue EPCs for all types of accommodation.
- You first need to contact Robello Security Solutions to make an appointment. You will then be given an initial estimate of the cost for issuing the energy performance certificate. Appointments can be made during the evenings (as long as it is still light), on Saturdays and also on Sunday mornings. You don’t need to take any time off work for us!
- You then need to gather together as much information as possible to ensure that the survey runs smoothly: plans of the property and invoices or technical information about any insulation that has been installed, the boiler and/or the water heater. Having all this information at hand makes our job all the easier and ultimately reduces the cost for you.
- If the property was built after 1970, the owner will need to verify the year of construction. This can be done on the basis of the planning permission that was granted at the time, dated construction plans, invoices or specifications. This evidence needs to be handed over to the energy expert. If no evidence of the construction year is available, the owner can request this beforehand from the local authority planning department (permit register, date of first occupation, etc).
- Our energy expert will then visit the property to establish how much the EPC will cost. The survey is then started if you agree with this cost. More information about our prices can be found here.
- The energy expert determines the residential volume of the property, measures the surface losses, checks any insulation that is present and inspects the central heating system. He establishes how efficiently the hot water is heated and whether any solar energy is used. The method of ventilation is also inspected. The survey usually takes between one and two hours.
- Robello Security Solutions then issues an energy performance certificate using the Flemish Energy Agency’s internet application.
- You will then be invoiced either via post or e-mail. The signed and legally valid energy performance certificate is sent to you or handed over once full payment has been received.